Collect and processing of personal data
The use of certain functionalities of the Site requires that you register with the Aquatics Integrity Unit and provide Aquatics Integrity Unit with certain information about yourself, including personal data within the meaning of the new EU Regulation on data protection (GDPR).
In order to register with Aquatics Integrity Unit, you may be invited to provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Job title
- Email address
- Other information, as requested in the sign-up process.
BY PROVIDING THE AQUATICS INTEGRITY UNIT WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE THE AQUATICS INTEGRITY UNIT TO COLLECT AND SUBSEQUENTLY PROCESS SUCH DATA.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit may implement an automatic tracking process gathering anonymous device and system information to help improve the content of the Site, to customize the Site for our visitors and to learn more about them and how they use the Site.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit use automatic tracking mechanisms (including cookies) to collect certain data while you are browsing the Site.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit commits to collect and process of your personal data always in a transparent, lawful and proportional manner.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit uses automatic tracking mechanisms (cookies) to collect certain data while you are browsing the Site.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit may also implement third party cookies including organisations that provide certain services to us such as content, analytics and advertising.
We use first party and third-party cookies to improve the content of our Services, customise them according to user preferences, conduct traffic and audience research and marketing activities.
We use different types of cookies, including:
- Essential cookies that enable you to navigate the Site. These cookies are necessary for the Site to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
- Functional cookies that enhance the functionality and personalisation of the Site by storing your preferences. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of the services available via that Site may not function properly.
- Performance and Analytics cookies collect certain information that allow us to improve the performance of the Site and help us to provide you with what we believe to be the best user experience. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the Site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not be able to learn more about the use and performance of our Site and your experience will not be as personalised and relevant to you.
- Social Media cookies. These cookies are set by social media providers and include cookies that are set by the social media services that we have added to the Site. For example, this includes social media services that enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across websites and building up a profile of your interests to show you relevant content and ads on those social media platforms.
You can disable the cookies changing your browser settings and/or your device (except those cookies that are strictly necessary).
Right of access and Consent
At all time, you may request access to your personal data and to request a correction of any erroneous or incomplete data about you by contacting Aquatics Integrity Unit here. It is your responsibility to verify that your personal data are accurate and updated. In case, you notice that some of your personal data are inaccurate or obsolete, it is your responsibility to notify the Aquatics Integrity Unit. The same goes if you wish to withdraw your consent. It is your responsibility to contact the Aquatics Integrity Unit.
Purpose of the collect and processing of personal data
The Aquatics Integrity Unit collects and processes your personal data solely for the following purposes:
- Participation in the challenges and competitions organized by World Aquatics on the Site
- Registration for the use of the Site
- Maintenance and development of the Site
- Compilation of statistics in order to improve the quality of the services offered to users.
Your personal details will be not be given or shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your personal details may be only disclosed for purposes and in situations specifically required by law.
Hosting and transfer of your personal data
The Aquatics Integrity Unit is based in Switzerland and all personal data you submit to the Aquatics Integrity Unit will be hosted in that State. As a matter of principle, the Aquatics Integrity Unit will never transmit your personal data to third parties without your prior consent.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit‘s activities are international and by registering with the the Aquatics Integrity Unit, you acknowledge and agree accept that the Aquatics Integrity Unit may transmit your personal data to other entities of Aquatics Integrity Unit, or its subcontractors, including outside Switzerland or European Union, if the Aquatics Integrity Unit deems it necessary for the purposes mentioned above. We will ensure that the receiving entity has agreed to keep your data confidential and secure, outside of your country of residence. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with internationally recognized standards, we will ensure that data transfers to databases in that country are equally protected and that a transfer of data to third parties in such countries does not occur. The Aquatics Integrity Unit reserves the right to release your personal data if World Aquatics is required under law to do so, or in the good-faith believes that such release is necessary to comply with applicable legislation.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit is committed to ensure the best possible level of security of your personal data, and will take adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against the risks of damage, destruction, loss or unauthorized access.
All personal information provided by you will be held strictly confidential.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit will retain your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes set forth under above. Please note that data may be kept for a longer period of time exclusively for mere statistical purposes the the Aquatics Integrity Unit and shall use anonymous data wherever possible.
Registration is not open to users under the age of 13. By registering with the Aquatics Integrity Unit, you warrant that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you must obtain the authorization of your parents or legal guardian before using the Site and registering with the Aquatics Integrity Unit.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor under the age of 18, and that minor has somehow registered with the Aquatics Integrity Unit without your authorization, please contact us and we will provide you with full instructions on how to cancel your child’s registration.
The Aquatics Integrity Unit will not engage in spamming and will not authorize the use of your personal information for commercial or advertising purposes by third parties, except with your express consent. Where we believe that certain information about the Aquatics Integrity Unit’s activities is of importance to you, we inform you by e-mail whilst giving you the choice of opting out of such service.